- The first time you burn your candle, make sure you burn it for long enough that the wax melts right to the edges of the glass. This is called a MEMORY BURN. This creates a candle memory and prevents tunneling on future burns ensuring you get the most out of your candle. On all subsequent burns make sure you burn your candle long enough that it melts to the edge of the container.
TRIM YOUR WICK
- Before relighting your candle, make it has cooled and hardened completely; then trim the little mushroom ball from the end of your wick. We recommend using our wick trimmers. Trim your wick to approximately 5 mm prior to re-lighting. This will prevent your candle from smoking and minimize soot forming on your container. Extinguish the candle if it begins to smoke, or if the flame flickers repeatedly or becomes too high. Trim your wick and re-light.
EXTINGUISHING YOUR CANDLE
- To extinguish your candle either dip the wick into the melted wax, use a snuffer, pinch it out or use the lid. We recommend using our wick dippers. By dipping the wick to extinguish your candle it primes the wick for the next burn. It also leaves you with just the scent of your candle and not that horrible smokey smell.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time, as this can cause the container to get too hot and possibly crack or smash. It will also help to maximize the life of your candle.
- Always use common sense when burning a candle.
- Keep it out of reach of small hands and paws. Do not attempt to move the candle while still in use. Always burn on a flat surface and never leave unattended. Burn in a draft free area, clear of flammable objects. Keep out of direct sunlight, this prevents damage and discoloration to the wax.
- If you are left with a black sooty substance at the rim of your votive, simply wipe it away with a damp cloth and ensure you keep your wick trimmed.
RECYCLE YOUR JARS
- Soy wax is easy to remove from materials and surfaces. Which means that once you have finished with your candle, you can simply wash out your jar with warm soapy water, and re-use it. We hope you will enjoy your candle as much as we enjoyed making it for you.